It looks like the official iPad Camera Connection Kit by Apple is not only for connecting your camera or SD card with your iPad tablet, but you can also connect USB headset and USB keyboard, now external hard disk drive as well.
One of the iPad user, Max Shay has successfully connected the external HDD to his iPad using the original Camera Connection Kit to get the extra space for storage.
You may also like to read:
- What is iPad Camera Connection Kit
- All you need to know about Apple iPad
- Connect USB headset/USB keyboard with your iPad
- How to convert your iPad into iPhone for free
- Watch how iPad disassembled and reassembled in just 4 minutes
Connect external hard disk with your iPad – Video
Watch the video embedded below to see how you can connect the external hard disk drive and iPad:
How to Connect external HDD with your iPad
You’ll need following things to connect external hard disk drive with your iPad:
- Jailbroken iPad (How to jailbreak iPad using Spirit untethered)
- Camera Connection Kit
- Split-USB Cable (To power your HDD)
- Hard Disk Drive
- Terminal (To run commands)
Now follow the huge detailed step by step guide posted by Max on his personal website here.