The iPhone Dev Team has created a new app which is named as “vWallpaper”. This app will allow you to use animated HD wallpapers on your iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 4.x or iOS 3.x.
To install and use this app on your iPhone or iPod touch, first you must need to jailbreak it. Earlier this year, an option to set animated HD wallpapers on phone’s homescreen was first introduced on Google Nexus One phone with Android 2.1.
You may also like to read:
- How to: Unlock iPhone on iOS 4.0.2 and iOS 4.0.1 with ultrasn0w 1.1-1
- How to: Install Flash on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
- Wireless Tethering on iOS 4 with MyWi 4
- How to: Use iPhone 4 FaceTime Over 3G Network
- See Location of Cellular Towers Around You with Signal App
- How to: Password Protect any iPhone / iPod Touch Apps
- Download Gyroblox app for iPhone 4
How to Get Animated HD Wallpapers on iPhone/iPod touch
Follow the step-by-step guide posted below to install and use this app on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Launch “Cydia” on your iPhone/iPod touch
- Tap on “Manage” tab and then on “Sources”
- Tap on “Edit” and then on “Add”
- Now it will ask you to enter a “Cydia/APT URL” source
- In that box type “http://i.danstaface.net/deb“, and then tap on “Add Source”
- Now your Cydia sources will automatically be updated
- Once the update is completed, in Cydia, search for:
- “vWallpaper” (if you are using iOS 4.x), or
- “vWallpaper for OS3″ (if you are using iOS 3.x)
- Install that app and then restart your device
- Now simply run the vWallpaper app and set the animated HD wallpaper on your iPhone/iPod touch homescreen
This app also have a built-in store from where you can download new animated/live wallpapers for your iPhone and iPod touch.